1. It’s a teeth whitener
Rubbing the inner part of a piece of the peel gently over your teeth for a few minutes can help to whiten your teeth. Be sure to do this once or twice a day and rinse off when you’re done. Probably the only exception to this is those that have naturally brown teeth, in that case a banana peel might not do much to help. In this case, a visit to a dentist will better help you.
2. Acne treatment
Simply massage the banana peels gently on the blemish(es) or acne area of your body. Do it for a few minutes (like 5 minutes) for like two or three times a day. The antioxidants and nutrients in the peels will help to clear your blemishes and acne. Results should be visible in a week, and keep applying it until the blemish or acne disappears.
3. Brightens your skin
Gently rub the inner part of the peel on the area(s) of your skin you want to brighten and rinse off afterward. Do it as often as you can until you get your desired results.
4. Moisturizes your skin
Rubbing banana peels on the dry areas of your skin helps to soften and hydrate the skin. Gently massage the peels on the dry areas and do so as often as you can until you get your desired results.
5. It can function as a polish
Shoes, leather and silver can be made to shine instantly by rubbing a banana peel on them.
Note: It is important to keep certain things in mind when using a banana peel for the above beauty reasons.
- A fresh banana peel is the most appropriate to use for the best results.
- A banana peel should be used immediately and not kept for long.
- Never store banana peels in a refrigerator.
- Refrain from being careless with banana peels. As you know, because of their slippery nature they can cause accidents when left on floors etc.